Welcome

Welcome to our wedding blog. We created this blog to keep our friends and family current on all our wedding events. We will be updating this site with pictures and new information as our wedding gets closer. Please bookmark this page and return regularly for updates. Thank you for visiting our site! See you at the wedding!
-love david & oanh

19.8.08

How We Met (Oanh's rendition)

Where do I begin? There were several occasions when we met. So which one counts? You be the judge...

It was 2001, the first day of summer school at San Diego State University in Business Mgmt 405. By a random count of numbers, we were brought together onto the same team project. Although we exchanged names and numbers, no sparks had occurred. I had dropped after the first class. This was the first time we met.

Neither of us knew that one day our paths would cross again. David started working at California Coast Credit Union a year or so later, where I had been working. I noticed him across the branch one day, fixing a down printer. "I'll be darned. I know that guy from somewhere," I thought to myself. I eventually remembered where I knew him from: summer school. Of course, he didn't remember me but later helped me over the phone with some IT issue. Does this count as a second time?

After my graduation in 2002, I had job-shadowed in his department where we were introduced, you know...exchanged names...yet another time. Not sure if this is it either.

By the 2003 new year, I had transferred to the Info Systems (IS) department, where David worked. Since I was the newb, I got the least desired cube by the boss. Apparently, it was David's old cube. Chance? I don't know. It wasn't until we moved to a newer building where somehow we ended up with window-facing cubes next to each other. Maybe this was it?

It was at this point where we became good friends and running buddies. There were many Starbucks runs and even a few snowboarding trips together before anything became a spark. We were both dating other people at the time so there was no indication that there would be. It wasn't until a few years later, a couple of moves to Qualcomm, a change of jobs, 13.1K miles, and a few too many Red Bull & Vodkas, when it all began.

No comments:

Post a Comment